'SPAWN: ARMAGEDDON' VIDEO GAME GOES TO COLLEGE
Namco College Tours Hit 20 U.S. Campuses
December 05, 2003
Copyright 2013 TMP International, Inc.
Namco has launched a series of Spawn: Armageddon tournaments at college campuses across America. The tournaments began this week and will run through the first part of January 2004.
Below are the participating colleges and all known dates and locations of the Spawn: Armageddon tournaments. On all campuses, students should look for announcements of the events with the most up-to-date details. This story will be updated as new dates become available.
Students can find out more about the tournaments via college radio, newspapers, flyers and banners located across each campus. The events include prizes such as Spawn: Armageddon games in all platforms, T-shirts, comics, stickers, cups, bottle koozies, posters and more.
- University of Kentucky -- Began Dec. 3 at Lexington Avenue and High Street.
- Texas Christian University -- Begins Dec. 5 at an on-campus location.
- Hawaii Pacific University -- Begins Dec. 5, with a second tournament starting Dec. 13 at the Loa Campus Student Center.
- University of Illinois - Chicago -- Begins Dec. 5 in Orland Park at the Brookhills subdivision.
- Tulane - New Orleans -- Begins Dec. 6, at the Campus House, follow on-campus signage, 7 P.M.
- Florida State University -- Starts Dec. 6 at the University Club apartments, 7 P.M.
- University of Central Florida -- Begins Dec. 7 at the Arbour Apartments Club House on Alafaya Trail, 7 P.M.
- Virginia Tech -- Begins Dec. 7 at the Clubhouse in Tremont Estates, 7 P.M.
- Seton Hall -- Starts Dec. 9 at 1 Prospect St., Apt. 308 or the Club House, 6 P.M.
- Idaho State University -- Begins Dec. 9 at Goody's Deli, 6 P.M.; and Dec. 16 at ISU Student Union, 6 P.M.
- Gonzaga University -- Begins Dec. 13 at Cushing Hall, Room 303.
- University of Florida
- Indiana University at Pennsylvania
- Rochester Tech
- University of Arizona
- Oakton College
- Pace University
- Eastern New Mexico
- Florida International University
- New Mexico State
If you missed the first round of Spawn: Armageddon tournaments, don't worry, there will be two per campus. So watch out for information about second tournaments promoted on- and off-campus, as noted above.
And, finally, the Spawn: Armageddon mini-web site is live. The site, like the game, is aimed at viewers age 17 and up. It features info and images of the main characters and weapons, as well as screen shots and two videos. Additionally, interested fans can sign up for e-mail updates about the game as well as click through to links of the main partners, such as PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube and Spawn.